Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about this stuff?

I have a shower with those avocado glazed ceramic tile they used in the 70s. I have been pondering the idea of rolling either a Daich or Techstone covering over them. I know that it will involve a lot of prep to get proper adhesion, like cleaning, belt sanding, and filling in the existing grout lines as I want different grout lines in the final appearance. I would use one of the products that can be custom mixed with color just as regular paint is mixed, such as the spreadstone.
    I have seen some sample boards with these products used on them. They can be rough when applied by trowel or smoother when rolled on using texture rollers. Even so, I know it would need a few coats of high-build sealer to eliminate the possibility of scraped elbows in the shower. They had a few coins by the display to rub on the surface of the samples. You can rub off the ridges of the coin and the coating is never effected.
    Here are the links, I really think that they are the same thing. They're websites used to be identical. Please tell me what you think about this stuff. If you can't get linked, please copy and paste.

Daich Coatings - Intro
    Welcome Page
Working...
X