Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling Tile Glue Removal

Hi, I have an big problem. I removed the ugly ceiling tile in our living room and now the ceiling is covered by large chunks of ceiling tile glue. I have tried to chip it off with no success and I tried to heat it with a heat gun and scrape it off. Neither of these things are working. Can somebody please help?
    Thanks,
    Ali

you can't remove the adhesive. only way is with a belt sander and a reasonably coarse grit belt. or a disk sander. the vehicle has long since evaporated and the glue part is set up like a rock! after sanding a skim coat of sheetrock mud may be necessary then sanding and painting.

Comment

Belt sanding is good although a lot of work not to mention the difficulty of working on the ceiling. Another idea that you may try would be to sheet rock the ceiling. Not easy either - just another suggestion - good luck!

Comment

For my wall it worked fine with ironing. But i think it really depends on the glue of the wallpaper.
        Belt sender sounds good to me too especially if it does not work with heat!

Comment

old glue is gloppy for better words. and when its dry is rock hard.

chisel it off and you take half the wall with it. sanding with a belt sander seems the way to go but the sander is heavy. perhaps a disk sander with a 60 ot 80 grit disk may be better and not so heavy.

Comment

I once tried using a disc sander and ended up making small half circles all over my ceiling. You need to be very careful with this method.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =