Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circular lumps/cracks in ceiling...

I have some circular cracks/lumps appearing n the ceiling near a wall. They are appearing in a straight line and are about a quarter in size and spaced about 1-2 ft apart.

I've taken a photo of the 2 most prominent ones, please see:

img204.imageshack.us/img204/6962/ceiling.jpg

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks!
    Last edited by frenzy; 07-31-2009, 05:41 PM.

Your picture is not very clear but from what I see they look remarkably like drywall screw "pops", this happens as a little movement in the drywall occurs, most often when the installer drove the screws in a little to deep.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

Sorry took a while to find a better camera. Do these pictures look like the screw "pops" you mentioned?

img514.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1020433.jpg

Thanks!

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what it is. The only repair for this is to dig out the loose material,careful not to damage the paper on the drywall, install a new screw near the existing screw (not driven in too deep) and re mud the area, then paint.
        Problem is that unless you can live with a paint difference on this area, your into a whole ceiling paint job.

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Is there any immediate urgency to making these repairs? i.e.: would it get worst the longer I wait? or is the damage already done...

Thanks!

Comment

It looks to be that the damage is done, if you cannot repair it now, it's not a big problem, just keep an eye on the area to make sure more don't happen.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =