Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use behind marble Tub/Shower wall?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use behind marble Tub/Shower wall?

Hi all, I am about to replace the greenboard behind my kids tub/shower marble enclosure. The marble was up in 3 pieces and I have removed 2 of 3. The diverter valve began leaking so I am replacing that and will need to replace about a 3x4 section of greenboard that I removed. What is my best option here? Any help will be appreciated.

Use 1/2" cement backer board available at any Lowe's or Home Depot.
    Even though it's a solid surface covering it's much wiser to use the backer board.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Ok, the marble looked to be held up by silicone and maybe liquid nails. Should I stick with that method when re-installing over the backerboard?

Comment

Yes a good quality 100% silicone should do the job. Make sure you screw the backer board to the wall studs, don't nail it.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Alright, 100% Silicone and I'll probably use stainless steel screws for the backerboard. Thanks, and I'll let ya know how things turn out. I sure appreciate the help!

Comment

Shower Remodels

Hi,
            I would like to share all about Luxury Bath.
            Verona Showers strives to design and manufacture the finest and most innovative bath remodelling products in the industry.
            veronashowers.com
            13912 Park Center Road, Herndon, VA 20171
            Phone: (703) 435-5557
            Fax: (703) 435-5522

Comment

Working...
            X
            =