Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about grouting shower tile

Hi everyone!

My husband and I hired someone to regrout the tile in our shower. First this guy made a huge mess and grouted after he caulked...now I have brown stains all over the white caulk from where the washed off the tile!

But my main concern is the apparent "melting" of the grout! He used Laticrete sanded grout and now, over 24 hours after finishing, I tried seeing if some of the grout that was embedded in the caulk would rinse off but I'm seeing some of the grout running brown water down the walls just from the water runng over it.

Additionally if I gently rub the grout it's all coming completey off and leaving the old grout exposed. I have brown all over the shower!

Did he do something wrong? Do I need to wait longer to get the grout wet?

Ideally, most if not all the old grout needs to be remove for the re-grouting to be successful. This is particularly important if a different grout color is to be used.

I'm guessing the grout joints are 1/8" or wider, since sanded grout was used.

The old grout should have been scraped down so that about 2/3 of the joint depth was open. That way the new grout has something to hold on to, besides the old grout.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =