Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching Holes in Vinyl Siding

Does anyone know of a way to patch holes up to 3/4" diameter in vinyl siding?

Patching Holes in Vinyl Siding

There's this new product that would probably work really well to patch vinyl siding. It's called Rec'Repair. You can get it at crgindustries.com/recrepair.htm. It comes in different sizes. I've used it to repair broken handles and a broken motorcycle fairing. When you heat it, it's flexible like rubber, and then you peel off the backing and adhere it over the damage. When it cools, it becomes rigid and strong. Cool stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I've cut a patch from left over siding and glued it on with plastic pipe (pvc i think ) pluming glue.Stayed on for years.

Comment

the vinyl siding is constructed with a lip on its extreme bottom like a backwards "U" and up top is folded over on itself like a flattened "S". there's a metal tool that fits up under the lip which you can pull down and unfasten the lip. so what you do is unhook about a foot of the bottom, cut out the vinyl with a utility knife. on the replacement piece make the piece about an inch wider than the piece you cut out and cut off the "S" up top. position the siding piece over the cut out portion and push upward until the lip snaps over the existing siding making sure the upper part slides under the course above it.

Comment

I cracked my vinyl siding near the foundation in a few spots while landscaping. The Vinyl siding yards had caulk that was color matched to the standard vinyl colors. It was actually pretty cheap too. I caulked the cracks, and from a distance you can't even tell.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =