Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamped Concrete & SnowBlowers

I have a stamped concrete driveway and last year I used on snowblower with a rubber auger, so I didn't have to worry about causing any damage. I just ordered a new Sears Craftsman snowthrower and I'm concerned about using it on the driveway. It has adjustable skids on the sides of the intake, so I would adjust the skids so the intake wouldn't scrape on the driveway. The only problem is the skids are metal and they'll probably do some damage. Does anyone know of some kind of material I could use to cover the skids?
    Thanks.

Skid marks.....

Check McMaster-Carr. Check their UHMW. Type in UHMW in the 'find' box to the left. THen click the + sign when that comes up, and select "Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) Polyethylene Sheet Stock" near the bottom of the list. It comes in various thicknesses. Good choice for your application.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
      Check McMaster-Carr. Check their UHMW. Type in UHMW in the 'find' box to the left. THen click the + sign when that comes up, and select "Ultra High Molecular Weight (UHMW) Polyethylene Sheet Stock" near the bottom of the list. It comes in various thicknesses. Good choice for your application.
      Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =