Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to remove several sections of aluminum siding---

In June 2006 I had posted a concern that started with "Depression at least six inches deep..." - it is currently shown on page 5 of this section. No matter, during that discussion I received considerable help from members of the group. At that time I posted two pictures, which if you can access my previous posting, will show you how very close to the ground my alum siding was/is positioned.

Also, during that discussion "Puskins" advised "covering up the alum with anything be it dirt, etc...much bigger problems to develop unseen..."

Well, that started my gray matter working - I started paying attention to the lowest strip of the alum siding, which when I pulled the earth away I could see holes in the siding. I thought it was possibly mouse activity even tho" what I saw was not nice neat holes.

I started trying to find someone to remove at least two sections of the alum siding. One section about 10" is below the ground and one section about 10" is above the ground.

It was not a critical issue until this past April 24th and 29the when the one room I have assigned for my cat's sleep area was invaded by termites. The critters were actually emerging from one area of the wall that I had previously noticed what appeared to be bumps beneath the paint.

I have found it difficult to find anyone willing to work with alum siding. However, I do now have two possibilities - both are listed as Home Improvement People.

One person has indicated he could cut away the alum siding at the highest level - that would (apparently) leave a bend at that section above the cut that would then act as a seal.

The second person seems to be closer to what I had in mind - he had indicated that he would cut away the alum at the highest level - and use a "J" channel along that edge and use silicone to seal the area at the base of the "J" channel.

My concern - do any of your members have any positive thoughts concerning which might be the better way to go?

The Pest Control people are waiting until I have this problem resolved before treating the area. Thanking you, in advance, for any help provided.
Working...
X
=