Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Sweep Replacement or Other Option

I've been trying for about three years now to find replacement door sweeps for four exterior doors in my home without success. The doors are metal with a foam core and have about a 1-inch recess at the bottom. Below is a picture of the sweep I'm trying to replace.

The info I've been able to get from the doors is as follows: Premdor Entergy 2000557 and 2000554. Masonite and Premdor merged a few years ago. I've contacted Masonite and they referred me to a vendor in the Virginia Beach area, but that vendor did not have the sweep in question.

I'm open to alternative options (other than replacing the doors) as well.

try this url for a door sweep -
    www.commercial-door hardware.net- Door Thresholds, Door Extenders, Weatherstripping and Door Bottoms.

Comment

No luck there.

Comment

Originally posted by DokoDesuka View Post
        Below is a picture of the sweep I'm trying to replace.
        I felt your pain, until I found a supplier:

www<dot>allaboutdoors<dot>com /product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=840 24

(This board only allows me to post URLs to other sites after I've made 15 posts ... so convert it to a valid URL yourself.)

They only sell it in brown, and you have to cut it to length, but both are minor issues.

Comment

Wow I thought this post would be dead for sure!

I saw this post last winter when I noticed how bad my door was leaking... anyway, I just found the same site on my own and came back here to share and
          Jonathan just found it last month!

Good work! It's the best part of the internet is collaboration.

mnemonic76

Comment

Thanks guys!

Had the same problem. Bought a home with an exterior door needing a new sweep. Only thing to go on was a partial label with "Entergy" and 2 letters: "PR" (which turned out to be Premdor. Power of the internet got me here, problem solved! Thanks guys!

Comment

Bumping this old thread. I found another source for a replacement:

diydoorstore.com, Masonite Premdor Door Brown Fin Snap In Sweep,
              Part Number MPDBFSS
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X
              =