Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dock ramp, waterfront

I seek a vinlyl alternative to painting my dock ramp every year. I'm interested in either a plywood-like vinyl material, or boards that are at least 6" wide, that can be cut to the width of the ramp. A depth of one-half inch would be suitable. I have googled everything imaginable, with no success. Thanks for any help.

get into your browser and type in "composite building materials" without the quotes. my browser defaults to google and a whole mess of building material sites came up.

Comment

If you don't want to "paint" then consider Trex or another composite decking material. I've built two docks with ramps both out of composite decking, both coastal and it works well.
      Vinyl products cannot/should not be used as a decking material because of the serious safety issues regarding slipping etc...

NOTE: NO exterior material is completely maintenance free, even composite decking needs to be power washed down (probably once a year, depending on location).
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I have this on my dock: THRUFLOW - designed to be the best decking for a dock, deck, or walkway
        It comes in 3 ft & 4 ft widths x 1 ft. It needs no maintenance at all and water drains through it. However, it is real uncomfortable to kneel or lie on.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =