Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof leak... help!!

Hi, my roof just recently started leaking on my mobile home... the problem is where the porch connects to the mobile home (picture attached) what would be the best way to fix this?? would a sheet of flashing pushed up tight against the mobile home under the lip of the roof and then tarred down on the shed roof fix the problem?? we tried tarring flashing on the tin roof of the mobile home and running it down to the roof of the shed but water is seeping under somewhere and coming into the porch of the mobile home still... if anyone has a good long lasting fix for this let me know... there is a little gap (inch) where the shed has pulled away from mobile home over the last few years.. would filling this gap with spray in expanding foam be a good idea before we put flashing on? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

sorry... the attached building is not a shed.. it is the porch.. i had myself a little confused there..

Comment

get a piece of aluminum flashing. it comes in a roll about 14 inches wide. cut a length the length of your porch. form a curved piece and stick it under your mobile home overhang and allow it to drain onto your porch roof. the drain path must angle away from the mobile home. if everything works, seal the aluminum on the porch with an asbestos free roofing compound.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =