Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof/Chimney Leaking

Help!! I'm in a desperate situation and don't know what to do next. We just built a brand new home and moved in this past December. Our first heavy rain produced some major water stains in our guest bedroom (on the back side of the chimney). We have called the builders to "fix" it three different times. The first- not sure what they did but it obviously didn't work, the second time they replaced the cap on the chimney and that didn't work. This last time they installed a cricket. We don't know if the cricket is going to work or not because we haven't had a rain- which is my problem. Is there a way to test to see if the roof leak is fixed without waiting on a rain? Where we live it could rain tomorrow or literally be six months from now. The guest room is now showing signs of mold and mildew and smells really bad. The builders will not fix the interior until the roof is fixed. We are now concerned about our health and the rest of the house with mold growing. What can we do?? We can't stand the thought of just letting that room sit until the next rain.

Take a garden hose up on the roof and really soak it down, I would hate to think I had a new house built and the contractor couldnt install the roof right

Comment

Working...
    X
    =