Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New concrete driveway crumbling-help needed!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New concrete driveway crumbling-help needed!

We purchased a new house and within 11 months the concrete driveway started to crumble in 1 spot. I let my builder know and put it on my 11 month warranty list. A year has past now and another winter has come and gone and the driveway has another spot where it's starting to crumble. My builder is refusing to do anything about it and says that it's my fault. We have not treated the driveway or put salt on it. My street has many homes with crumbling driveways and sidewalks. What can I do? Is there a way to find out how the cement was mixed? Or any other advise would be helpful! Thanks!

if you can find out the name of the builder and who he used as a concrete supplier. find out what mix was used and when the driveway was poured. additives are added to speed up or slow down the cure rate for concrete. also find out what the slump test showed. a slump test shows how much water is in the mix. a standard slump cone is one foot high has a two inch opening at the top and six inches at its bottom. the mix is put into the cone all the way to the top and tapped with a mallet to remove air bubbles. then the cone is removed and the slump or how far the concrete cone drops is measured with a ruler. this meaurement is compared to a chart for the tensile strength of the concrete - 3000 pound or 6000 pound test.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =