Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove mold and mildew stains from canvas?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove mold and mildew stains from canvas?

Anyone have an idea that ACTUALLY works? Our pop up camper had to be put away moist one weekend and when we opened up 2 weeks later..{our camper doesnt travel back and forth from up north}...we noticed the canvas had turned moldy and mildew stains appeared. I need a tip that actually works in removing this. Prefer something that wont take all weekend to do either if possible. Thanks in advance

A bleach solution applied with a sponge then gently scrub with a soft scrubbing brush. there really is no "easy" way.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I was told NOT to use bleach on canvas though

?????????????????

Comment

Never use straight undiluted bleach but a weak solution shouldn't hurt.

Call your local RV dealer they may well have premixed cleaner on the shelf.

Comment

Thanks guys...what would be the weakest mix but still effective or should I go 50 / 50?

Comment

Start with 1:10 and test it on an inconspicuous area (as you should with any cleaning product), if that doesn't work step up the mix but don't go more than 1:4 and whatever you do make sure you wash off all the cleaner with clean water and plenty of it...the damage comes from leaving the bleach on the material and letting it dry.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =