Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My roof LEAKS everywhere!

Hello, I'm the proud owner of a 1969 Wooden Folkboat, amazing wooden hull with no leaks, however the cabin roof !!! I'm trying to workout what the material used is before I start to patch up all 12 leaks i can find. It looks like a canvas covering with a painted finish through roofing contractor falls church va, but this may be a synthetic ? What i'd like some advice on is... Whats a good substance to do some 'patch-ups' with, and if it is canvas with a painted on finish, what paint should I use for touch ups?
    Last edited by kemiy; 10-23-2023, 06:03 PM.

Originally posted by kemiy View Post
    Hello, I'm the proud owner of a 1969 Wooden Folkboat, amazing wooden hull with no leaks, however the cabin roof !!! I'm trying to work out what the material used is before I start to patch up all 12 leaks I can find this roof repair silver spring. It looks like a canvas covering with a painted finish, but this may be synthetic. What I'd like some advice on is... What's a good substance to do some 'patch-ups' with, and if it is canvas with a painted-on finish, what paint should I use for touch-ups?
    MANY thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by kemiy View Post
      Hello, I'm the proud owner of a 1969 Wooden Folkboat, amazing wooden hull with no leaks, however the cabin roof !!! I'm trying to workout what the material used is before I start to patch up all 12 leaks i can find. It looks like a canvas covering with a painted finish through roofing contractor Stripes roofing​, but this may be a synthetic ? What i'd like some advice on is... Whats a good substance to do some 'patch-ups' with, and if it is canvas with a painted on finish, what paint should I use for touch ups?
      no response to this

Comment

Working...
      X
      =