Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions - Real Estate Buying

So, doesn't the Buyer have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both the Buyer and Seller?

Especially the Settlement Statement that shows who was paid when the sale was funded, signed by the Settlement Agent, and dated.

In my case a lien holder was getting a big chunk and the pre-sale Settlement Statement shows the guy's name and address... so I'm going to send a certified letter to him asking him to verify that the money that was paid to him was actually paid and if the lien is now satisfied.

It's like pulling teeth to get the title company to provide docs signed by myself and the Seller post-sale.

They were all polite pre-sale... but now that funds have been sent to the title company, they are not very forthcoming and transparent which to me is a red flag.

Seems like the Buyer should have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both Buyer and Seller, right?​

Originally posted by kemiy View Post
    So, doesn't the Buyer have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both the Buyer and Seller?

Especially the Settlement Statement that shows who was paid when the sale was funded, signed by the Settlement Agent, and dated.

In my case a lien holder was getting a big chunk and the pre-sale Settlement Statement shows the guy's name and address here www.sunbay.es​... so I'm going to send a certified letter to him asking him to verify that the money that was paid to him was actually paid and if the lien is now satisfied.

It's like pulling teeth to get the title company to provide docs signed by myself and the Seller post-sale.

They were all polite pre-sale... but now that funds have been sent to the title company, they are not very forthcoming and transparent which to me is a red flag.

Seems like the Buyer should have the right to get copies of closing docs signed by both Buyer and Seller, right?​
    Hello. Well, instead of the letter, why not hire an attorney, sue the escrow co., and issue a subpoena, demanding all the records for the transaction, so that you can hide under a rock, while demanding that a legally bound agency reveal privileged information, to assuage your feeling of having been denied others private information.

Comment

Originally posted by kemiy View Post

In my case a lien holder was getting a big chunk and the pre-sale Settlement Statement shows the guy's name and address... so I'm going to invest in Immobilier neuf à Puteaux and send a certified letter to him asking him to verify that the money that was paid to him was actually paid and if the lien is now satisfied.

Yes, the buyer typically has the right to obtain copies of closing documents, including the Settlement Statement signed by both buyer and seller. This document outlines financial transactions during the sale, including payments to lien holders. If facing resistance from the title company, the buyer may consider seeking legal advice to ensure their rights are upheld and to obtain the necessary documentation.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =