Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door Open At The Top

Hi Guys,

When my garage door is closed the top doesn't stay shut. It leaves about a 2 inch gap. Can someone tell me how to adjust this in more to sit flush with the wall? Thanks

I can help, but I have a couple of questions - Has this ever been right or is this a new garage door? Is this newer sectional door or a one piece door? does your door have an electric opener attached to it? if you disconnect the opener, is there still a gap? Do you have vinyl stop molding installed, or some kind of weatherstipping working to fill the small gaps around the door? Is the top section standing straight up or is it leaning back a little towards the inside of the garage? is the door the right size for the opening? the sections need to stack to the exact height of the opening, for example, the most common size, 7' tall, needs 4 sections that are 21" each, if your door is a sectional door. If you respond with some of these answered and even a picture, ill get you moving in the right direction.

Comment

quick fix

usually the top brackets are adjustable by loosening the bolt and pushing to top section up against the jamb. if there isn't enough room for that adjustment to do so maybe there are some other problems that need to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =