Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppin' Out!

This is attempt 2 to think of a solution to repair this issue. The screws popped out of the door and there is one section that both are gone. Was wondering why the door was sagging and after looking on the garage floor and noticing the screws that I replaced were on the ground, I looked up, and VIOLA! When they popped out last time, I used a larger diameter screw and those came out as well. Assuming only because of the age of my garage door and the fact that it is made of wood, the elements do all the wear and tear. Have photos attached. Any ideas from the pros?

Carriage bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mb123452010
      Carraige bolts
      Carraige bolts put in. Spent most of the day outside trying to work on garage door and still gives me issues. After a year, it would stop on the way down and start going back up. Sometimes it would be so bad, would have to sit there for a couple of minutes hitting the remote over and over to get the door to go down and stay down. After fixing and visually checking everything mechanical, it was greased along the track and chain. even saw slack in the chain, so I adjusted the tension. At first when I visually inspected, I saw that there were places where not only the original screws were popping out, but at some of the hinges were missing the nuts. Along the length of the door, since I saw such a sagging in it, drilled a couple more holes and put carraige bolts there to reinforce. It still does it! I was hoping that it was just the weight bearing down on it that would cause this, but I was wrong. I am just aggravated to no end! I can only figure things out mechanically, but when it comes to electrical, I am speechless. If there is any more advice that you can give, it would be so appreciated. If I am unable to figure this out between the forums and my eye, well, I guess I will just have to live with it until it completely gives out....

Comment

the door reverses because the current relay in the close down direction is sensing an increase in current, so it reverses direction. it doesn't know if there's an object in the door path - just an increase in current which reverses the door. - OR an interruption in the safety beam.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =