Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you adjust force of garage door with the spring tension?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you adjust force of garage door with the spring tension?

I have trouble with water coming in under my door and I purchased a ultra rubber bottom seal online with a rubber tube on the inside of it and the rubber itself is thicker.
    The door now tries to close but the goes back up - I have adjusted the force on the motor to the most it will go - can you adjust the strength the door closes with more with the torsion bar or spring?
    I just cant believe I cannot get enough pressure out of the door to mesh down a thicker rubber seal
    any help is greatly appreciated!

You can not, but you can adjust the limits and the arm so that the operator uses less force to close the door using leverage from the arm. Set it up so that when closed the arm is straight up and down. As you start messing with it, you'll understand what I mean.

Most importantly, you need to adjust the limits. If the bottom seal is hard rubber, it will not close all the way unless you have someone come out a adjust the tracks, etc.

NEVER TRY TO ADJUST THE SPRING

Comment

Agree, messing with the spring tension will make the door heavier and that will damage the opener. DO NOT attempt to adjust the springs unless you absolutely know what your doing. I was at a job behind another company the other day because their tech screwed up and had to be hauled off in an ambulance. Garage looked like a crime scene. Most techs I know look like they force badgers into running blenders for a living, lol.

Anyway, adjusting the limits will stop the door from reversing, however that may not let the top panel close completely, creating a gap at the top. You will then need to adjust the top roller. These brackets are adjustable and its fairly easy to do.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =