Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CLICKER opener

Hi, I have a LiftMaster garage door opener. It is several years old. My problem is with my remote (CLICKER).
    It will open and close my garage door just fine from inside the garage but will not work from the outside of the garage. Any ideas?

Problems with Clicker for opener

Sounds like you may have a problem with the antenna wire on your opener. The antenna wire is a gray or purple wire that should hang down from the opener motor near one of the light lenses. This wire must be exposed at all times in order for the remotes to communicate with the head unit. I would suggest that you check to see if the wire is tucked up under a light lens or missing all together.
    Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Comment

Problems with clicker

It could be one of two things. 1) you may have interference from a wireless doorbell or some other appliance that uses the same frequency. Believe it or not, it does happen. 2) it could be that the receiver on the circuit board got damaged. If thats the case, you may have to replace the circuit or the machine itself. Hope this helps

Comment

Reduced range happens with age. The receiver in the logic board weakens over time. If this is the case you might want to get a new operator system instead of sinking money into an old motor.

Comment

Would the clicker need to be replaced? If so, how would you re-program the clicker?

Comment

Inside of your remote control, there is a small dial you can make an adjustment with a tuning wand. This will sometimes help with fine tuning the frequency and can increase range in some cases. Chamberlain operators are notorious for losing range in later years, also a weak battery in your remote could also be the cause.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =