Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door remotes don't work - manual open/close is ok

The garage remotes have gone progressively down in reliability, now approaching a 5% success rate. The manual wall button is ok, so we know that the door does in fact work. At first, the door would not go down with the remote. After some googling, the consensus was that if the Sending/Receiving sensors are out of alignment then the door will not go down due to a built-in safety feature (small child in the way - door won't close). A few times I aligned the sensors (months ago) and then it did go down. Both remotes have had their batteries replaced, but I don't think that's the cause of the issue. How could both remotes go bad at exactly the same time (0.001% chance right?) However, the door is not opening now which I presume has nothing to do with the sensors - is that correct? Or does it? Sometimes I'd try to close it but did not work - but then closed after an hour or two. So that makes me wonder - is there some sort of internal remote battery within the ceiling motor unit? Unit is about a 15yo Liftmaster. Could it be the logic board? I really don't want to pay $200 for a new unit + $$$ to install.

Time to Replace?

I know you said you do not want to spend the money for a new unit but your current unit is 15 years old...at least that is what you said. I will advise you to have a garage door repair pro look at it. I didn't get the name of your city but you can search online for a good garage door repair company. Have them come out and look at it. It may just be something pretty simple. If you are in Houston, call us at 281-970-3667 and we will come out and look at it.

Comment

thanks for the reply. I should have read this below thread on the same topic, even the same unit. Problem is fixed by replacing the logic circuit board purchased online for $69.95 homerepairforum.com/forum/garage-doors-openers/9686-lift-master-garage-door-opener-intermittent-problem.

Comment

Door Repair

Friend you dont need purchase new door, you should try to repair it, there are many repairs companies which provide you repair service at 24 hours with affordable price like valueMaxGarageDoorrepair.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        =