Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door will not travel the last needed foot upwards

Hello,
    I just installed a new 3/4 horsepower craftsman chain drive on my 16n ft sectional 7' tall door. The door travels fine without using the opener but with the opener it will not travel the last 12 or so inches towards the opener. I have adjusted the up force all of the way up but it still won't go the last foot when using the opener. Everything else work correctly it seems. Down force is good and safety items work. The manual doesn't explain how to get that last foot upwards so the door is not hanging down in the opening during the open position.

Any help would be appreciated. I can post pics if needs be

Picture

Unplug the opener and take the cover off. I'm guessing you have the screw adjuster for up/down limit. With the cover off you can see the limit assembly, black with 3 white screws in full length of the assembly, the two outer is the adjuster and the center with the gear on the end is the controller. Make sure they clicked in and no broken parts. The center controller has a trolley with two arms that make contact to the point on the adjuster as the door goes up and down. Make sure the arms are straight. All look good, then pull the clip out for gear on the metal shaft and you can then turn the gear on the assembly to give you more adjustment, but now you have to readjust the close limit. Remember to put the small gear and clip on before you close up the box.

Last edited by TJR; 08-06-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

If the emergency cord is yet in the forced situation this is normal.. just pull cord back and upward and it should re-engage. If emergency freeing is not engaged then the plastic traveler is stripped internally and needs replacing. It requires to be grooved to simply like the worm gear which is designed to lie into the ruts and causes motion when the gear spins.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =