Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door clicks

Hi,
    My garage door has a periodic click on the right side of the door (when inside the garage looking out). the click is heard when the garage door is rising. The contractor came back, lubed it and made minor adjustments. The click is less often and softer but still there only on the right side. the contractor said you have to lube it up every six months. Does this sound right. I've lived in many places with garages, and I don't recall any having clicks on 1 side and not the other. The manufactuer is CHI overhead doors Model 4216. Any help would be great???? I emailed the manufacturer and am awaiting a response.

If you have one large spring, it can make a click sound from the cable drum/endbearing area. That's a DO NOT TOUCH part.
    If you have a controlled decent device installed, it can make a click sound and it's mount on one side.
    Yes, CHI recommend to lube all hinges, roller shafts, springs, moving joints and points every 3-6 month.

Comment

One Suggestion

I have had doors that we have installed that had a bad end bearing on one side and did exactly what you are talking about. Lubrication helped but it came back we ended up having to replace the end bearing plate under warranty for the customer. But like you said it makes a clicking noise as the door cycles.

Comment

Is it possible that the cable is rubbing against the door

Comment

Working...
        X
        =