Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie Trac Drive Model 250

My Genie Model 250 Trac drive grunts, and especially when it gets cold out, and I have to help it lift the door up, otherwise it will not go up all the way. Is there some maintenace that needs to be done to correct it, or is it about shot??

Guess you need a replacement, but I would not buy a Genie today. Chamberlain, Craftsman or LiftMaster. Don't put more money and headache into it and just replace it. But check the balance and operation of your door. If binding, sticking and out of balance, that will shorten life of any opener.

Comment

Originally posted by TJR View Post
      Guess you need a replacement, but I would not buy a Genie today. Chamberlain, Craftsman or LiftMaster. Don't put more money and headache into it and just replace it. But check the balance and operation of your door. If binding, sticking and out of balance, that will shorten life of any opener.

My electrician mentioned about maybe the shafts sometimes become dry, and need to be lubed, but don't have a clue about where to start taking it apart at, to work/look it over to see if that is the problem.

I'm not sure how old it is, I'm guessing about 15??

Comment

Lube the shaft: Many Genie opener are "screw drive" and need "Genie Grease" now and then !!!DO NOT USE AUTOMOTIVE BEARING GREASE!!!!
        Disconnect the opener from the door (pull the emergency release) run the opener. If it don't sound much better, the opener is the problem, but if it sound like butter, you need to check out your door for problems.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =