Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensors for Overhead Door Brand

20 year old Overhead Door brand garage door opener, model #456. Apparently the sensors have quit working, of course, not allowing the door to go down unless you hold the button until it's all the way closed. There are (basically) no parts available for this opener any more. I would gladly replace the sensors with something else, hopefully when it gets a little warmer, but here's the question... Is there anyway to by-pass the door sensors? The terminal block where they attach has PUSH BUTTON - COMMON - PHOTO on the screws. The four photo sensor wires were attached to the "photo" and "common" terminals. I've tried all kinds of different combinations to cross these terminals and wires to no avail. Even the guy at the local Overhead Door distributor threw his hands up and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you to tie the wiring together...." But that's all I got!

First, there is no way to by pass the safety sensor on any opener, that's the way they are made for safety.
    Overhead Door and Genie use a lot of the same product as remotes and safety sensor. I'm not 100% sure if it will work on your opener, but if you are not ready to upgrade to a new opener, it will be a shot to try some Genie Safety sensor or go grab a set of Genie safety sensor at your local Lowes or Home Depot, unpack them gently, try it, if not working take them back, just saying....

Comment

You need to find some old overhead door photo eyes like yours for your model.
      (newer ones never work lol.)

Go to a local garage door repair an installers shop.
      go when they open cause were gone all day.
      we keep old stuff like them around.
      I'd trade ya 12 pack for a set.
      Lol

Comment

Working...
      X
      =