Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Liftmaster problems

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Like to work on stuff myself, always looking for advice. Here goes.

I have a liftmaster industrial door opener on our dairy barn, H5011 it has the Logic 4 board, two years old. Two problems;
    1.) It will not recognize any remotes anymore; have tried a new battery in original remote, and a new remote. Nothing. I programmed the original remote without trouble, have not changed any setting in opener.
    2.) Door will open a few inches then stop, gives a 'no RPM detected' error. Would do this many times, then when door about half way up it would go the rest of the way without any trouble. Now with the cold weather it's getting worse; if you lift on door it helps but still will stop after a foot or two. Can hear a humming noise for a few seconds after door stops, then sound quits and 'no RPM' signal flashes. Tried tightening the clutch, not sure if I should tighten it more. The door is 18x16, pretty heavy. Is this RPM sensor problem or clutch? Belt seems snug and good shape.

PS the opener is about 20 foot above floor, it's an SOB to get up and down to check things.

1. Sound like the receiver part on the logic board are bad.
    2. Look for broken spring or the door is not balance right = to much weight for the opener to pull open.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =