Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Doorman

Hello all.

New to this site, and hope someone out there can help. Bought home several years ago that has Automatic Doorman opener. Old unit, but nearly mint condition.

However I need a part. Need an open limit switch. Been told that certified repair people can not legally fix this due to new codes in place. Must be replaced, unless I do the repair, which I will do if I can find the part.

Company went out of business, mine was installed in 1987. Hoping an " old timer " or two are out there that may have installed these back in the day and have some parts laying around

You are completely right, you will need to locate a used part and I don’t have. Try to post an add on your local craigslist or in a community paper as people in your area might have had an opener installed by the same company back in the days.

If code or not I’m not 100% sure about that, I’ve always been told, if it is there it’s “grandfather” in, it’s not like our hands are tied and can’t do any before it’s out.

We will rather replace it then spend time try to find a can only be a used part and most don’t want to warrant it and what will be next go wrong with the unit.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =