Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chamberlain Garage Door Opener (Model # HD800D)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamberlain Garage Door Opener (Model # HD800D)

Hi, I have had this garage door opener for almost 10 years and began having problems with it yesterday and would appreciate any help that I can get.
    I was able to open the garage door and take my car out but when I tried to close the garage door (my car has been programmed <"linked"> with the Chamberlain remote control), the unit started "flashing and clicking" so I pressed the Up-Down button again and the same thing happened.
    So I tried to use the outside keypad to close the garage door and it closed.
    When I returned and pressed the remote button to open the garage door (so that I could put my car back in the garage) nothing happened so I pressed it again and still nothing happened (but I did hear the clicking sound and I assume that the light was also flashing).
    But this time instead of pressing the remote button, I held it down and the garage door opened but when I tried to close the garage door, it went down about 2-3 feet and then reversed itself and went up (to the fully opened position).
    The other observation that I made is that I believe that I heard 11 clicks and saw 11 flashes and the align sensor light was amber
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Bob

Check the safety sensor on the other side. You have an amber/yellow light on one sensor (power to system) and green on the other one (system working, correct alignment of safety sensor and path clear). So check your safety sensor, they have to be mount in about same height, the eye/sensor it self have to be level (eye ball it) and point straight with the door ( again eye ball it). And of cause don't have anything blocking the path in between the safety sensor.

Comment

Thanks Handyman, is their a "good way" to check/align the sensors other than eyeballing them since they are about a foot off the ground and guesstimate) 20 feet apart?
      Bob

Comment

I got it aligned, thank you Handyman
        Bob

Comment

Working...
        X
        =