Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming garage door opener

I just bought a new house. It did not come with the remotes for the garage door. The openers are Craftsman. My old house has a Craftsman opener too. Is it possible to use the same remote for both houses?

Thanks, Kay

First I will erase the codes on the openers in your new house. Trust me when new they came with remotes and who knows where they are now. Look for the antenna, small wire hanging down from the opener or where all the wires go into the opener, one or the other side or the back. If there is a light cover, some flip down others you have to remove, but do gently. On the panel you will see a push button(red, green, orange or purple) with a small led next to it. When you press and hold the learn button for 6 seconds the led will go out and you have erased the codes, now reprogram your remotes.
    Yes it is possible to use the remotes for both houses if the openers has the same color learn button, assuming it's original remotes.

Comment

Thank you. I thought it might be possible since they were both Craftsman.

Comment

It is possible IF the learn buttons are the same color.

Comment

Unfortunately, the buttons were different colors. Thanks for the help.

Comment

ahhhh ok thnaks!

Comment

Working...
            X
            =