Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door weather strip

No one explains how tight to mount weather strip on the outside of a garage door. I heat my garage so I would like it to seal. Every time I replace the weather strip a year later it seams to pull away from the door and I can see light around th inside of the door.

about the only way I can see to seal a garage door is to use something that is flexible as you use it. my thoughts are about a door length vulcanized rubber bladder seal along those lines of a bicycle inner tube the whole lenght of the door. when the door reaches its down limit the bladder forms around irregularities and provides a seal against the concrete. I'll look around for something like this

Comment

Get A Grip

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE LIGHT DOES NOT MEAN THEIR IS A POOR SEAL. Go to a door dealer and buy some Weatherstrip Door STop and set the door so that their is a gap of now more than an 1/8" Translucent Weatherstripping is not any less efficiant than opaque weatherstrip. If you can't feel a fan blowing on the door inside the garage you have about as good a seel as you can get.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =