Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmitter/Receiver Problem

Hello. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this before or have an idea of what the problem is. Upon coming home one day, my garage door (Genie) wouldn't open with the remote. I opened it from the inside, pulled the car in the garage and used the remote to shut the door. Hmmm. I thought the battery must be low. I changed the battery and still had the same problem. Then, I bought a new transmitter (remote). Still have the same problem. Now I've noticed that sometimes the remote will open the door from the driveway, and it always opens it from inside the garage. The times that it doesn't open it from the driveway, I'll walk to the side of the garage and it works. There is the standard reception wire hanging down from the opener and as far as I know, nothing has struck it or interferred with it. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with both of my Sears units and finally determined it was a local radio tower causing interferance. The tower was there for abouit two years and was used by the state police aned other local agencies. The radio tower was moved about 18 monts ago and now there is no problem. To get around the issue I installed a transmitter and receiver from Skylink Technologies that operated at 305 mhz instead of the 390 mhz that the Craftsman units use.

Comment

Interferance.

Do you have one old operator and one new one, sometimes they will interfere with each other. Or you could check any new electronic device in your house. Unplug it and test the remote. Worse comes to worse extend the antenna on the door operator to the exterior of the house. and you should extend your range. Also Offutt Air Force base has been causing problems with Genie and Overhead Door Co, model operators. If you live in Papillion or closer to the base this may be the problem. Call West O Door for service if you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by gdoorpro View Post
        Do you have one old operator and one new one, sometimes they will interfere with each other. Or you could check any new electronic device in your house. Unplug it and test the remote. Worse comes to worse extend the antenna on the door operator to the exterior of the house. and you should extend your range. Also Offutt Air Force base has been causing problems with Genie and Overhead Door Co, model operators. If you live in Papillion or closer to the base this may be the problem. Call West O Door for service if you would like.
        I got busy with school and forgot to check back on this. My garage door problem has not changed. I've been dealing with it far better than the wife has! As a matter of fact, I do have a new opener in my detatched garage and the one with the problem is in the attatched garage. Don't know how old it was though. I do not have any new electronic devices in my home but I do live right next to Offutt AFB in Bellevue. I'll try extending the antenna and if that doesn't work, I'll call West O Door like you suggested. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =