Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening garage door with one person

Does anyone have a method for opening a garage door when the springs are not yet operational? I don't have another person to help lift the door.

Without the spirngs depending on make of door it can be very heavy and dangerous.
    If your strong enough you should lift from center of door and if center has a handle tie a rope to this.... grab rope and yank to give door momentum to go all the way up.....make sure your track has a stop so you do not go too far.....once up place 2X4 under door so it will not come down until you want it to but once you want it down you will again resort to muscles to make sure it doesn't smash on the ground on the way down breaking the bottom of door.....Get Some Springs installed is my advice.
    Gerry

Comment

Garage door springs

If your door has torsion springs to install you will need to do so before lifting the door, If you have extension springs, the kind that stretch above the track, you will need to lift the door first. Extension spring are not typically used on heavy doors, and in my opinion never used at all except where conditions require them.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
      X
      =