Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman: goes up, but wont come down

I recently replaced the gears on old model 139.53413 Craftsman, put it back together and now the door doesn't function. I was able to get the door to open, but only from the panel, not from the remote or car. Now it wont close from the panel. Tracks are ok and released and reconnected the release cord. Seems like the chain wont reverse. Also, do I need to reset the remote/car buttons?
    thanks
    rpny

limits or rpm sensor

Usually this can happen if you do not have all the wires properly connected, make sure the serial cable that goes to the rpm sensor, small circuit board mounted on the motor assembly with the little flywheel that spins through it, is reconnected proberly, the four prongs must be installed correctly. Then check the 3 wires that go to the limit assembly, this is the three plastic screws that help determine where the motor should stop on the way up and down. Then make sure you have the limits set correctly. you may have to take the limit assmbly apart to adjust the limits.

Comment

Originally posted by RPNY View Post
      I recently replaced the gears on old model 139.53413 Craftsman, put it back together and now the door doesn't function. I was able to get the door to open, but only from the panel, not from the remote or car. Now it wont close from the panel. Tracks are ok and released and reconnected the release cord. Seems like the chain wont reverse. Also, do I need to reset the remote/car buttons?
      thanks
      rpny
      I would also check to to see if your photo-eyes are correctly lined up, and that the wires are into the proper place on the Circuit Board. one of the wires could have snapped if you pulled it off the wall as well.

Does the light on the operator flash at all when it tries to run?
      Last edited by gdoorpro; 03-15-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =