Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom two panels buckling

My garage door bottom two panels are buckling and cracking. The door hangs up at the curve in the rail and I have to play around with the closer to get it to close completely. Would running an angle iron brace across the panels help? It settles to the floor easily so I don't think its a pressure issue, the panels just seem to waffle back and forth

check the track alignment.

Comment

Bottom two panels buckling

Forgive my ignorance, but, haven't a clue what you mean. Are you saying that the tracks may be out of alignment up and down or side to side ? Thank you for the response and any other help you can provide.

Comment

Yes, reinforcing the section with a strut will help out. I would recomment you put it as close to the top and bottom of the section.
        There is a problem with this though, because it will change the wight of the door and thus throw off the counterbalance provided by the springs.. You can buy replacement sections, but often times it is better just to buy a new door.

I recommend a strut on each section for all doors that are 16' wide or wider. Struts should be placed as high as possible on each section just below the hinges.

Comment

Bottom two panels buckling

Thanks for the tip, think new door is my best option.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =