Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garage door problems

I have had this on and off problem for a few years and have yet to fiind anyone that can help.I have a Genie chain drive opener model GCG 350 ML that opens by itself more often during rain or stormy weather.I have talked to Genie company bought a new motor then a new circuit board have had the wiring reworked even had power company out to check for problems with the circuit panel could find nothing wrong.My last resort is to remove the unit and just go to manual open and close.Is it possible that the open and close force limit switches could be set wrong?

could also be the frequency is close to other units in your local. try resetting to a different frequency.

Comment

garage problem

If you mean change the code I have been doing that since the trouble started. I thought that everytime you use the remote the code is supposed to change? I can always tell when the door is up in the morning when I look at my microwave and it is blinking. for some reason they are both on the same breaker but that has been checked also. I don't think a new system will solve the problem.

Comment

for future readers I ran into a similar problem with a liftmaster opener a few years ago, it turned out to be the RPM sensor. usually less than $10, I don't know if this would solve your problem but might be worth a look.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =