Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay to move top-most panel wheels without adjusting pulley/spring tension?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay to move top-most panel wheels without adjusting pulley/spring tension?

Hello! I am hoping for some insight into this issue, as this will be my first garage door motor installation

I have a two-car garage in which one of the bays has a motor already, and the other doesn't. I am planning on installing a motor on the other side, and I need to install simple support bracketing across the top of the garage door to do it. In the bay that already has the motor/bracketing installed, the wheels on the top-most panel have been moved down a few inches in order to make room for the support bracketing. I was wondering - if I do the same thing on the other side (ie, move the top-most wheels down a little in order to make way for the support bracketing), would I have to adjust the tension on the pulley/spring system? Photos of both bays are attached for reference.

Thanks!!

this will not effect the function of the springs, copy the other door, or go one step farther and do it right by going to a door dealer and tell them you want a strut to reinforce the top section, and some fasteners to connect it to the doors. Ryan

Comment

+1 struts are cheap and they save your top section from being damaged

Comment

Working...
      X
      =