Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrofit for photo eye sensors?

I have a good old Automatic Doorman Model 930 door opener. It is in great shape but I need to hook up a photo eye safety system which it has never had. I was told by the original install company that this is not possible for this unit. Are there any universal type systems that will make this possible? I hate to replace a perfectly good opener. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

about the only way is to look for an infrared photo eye and receiver and wire it with either a normally open or closed relay contact in your motor circuit. I would think it to be in the down direction reversing relay.

Comment

go to prodoorparts dot com. they got door specific eyes in there.

Comment

Can't do it. But if you figure something out let me know, i could make some good money with it. Ryan

Comment

gdoorpro - if you have a door opener that uses a door stop and reverse sensor in the downward direction, you probably can install a photo eye into it. normally the reverse contactor is current sensitive. the eye is either an A or B contactor.

Comment

I'd like to know why you want to add the eyes. If it's to get the thing to pass a code inspection, that still won't do it. Your machine can't be made to meet all current guidelines mandated for residential garage door openers, reversing safety eyes only being one of them.

Comment

There is one safety eye system that may work...

Found this one at the prodoorparts dot com:

OMRON INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION E3K REFLECTIVE PHOTO SAFETY BEAM KIT

I haven't tested it but that should work with any system (not much cheaper than a new door opener).

Comment

The OMRON reflective photo eye will work on most operators. You have to supply a 24v current to the eye and connect the eye to the dry contact on the back of your operator. This will reverse your door if an object passes through, however, It will also open the door from a closed position if the beam is interrupted.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =