Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie H8000 Opener Problems

I have a Genie H8000 opener that was installed 6 months ago that has never worked properly. Beginning last week, it stopped functioning altogether. An Overhead Door technician came out and determined that it has a "bad/loose rpm sensor/electrolux wheel". He said that it was not correctly installed by the manufacturer and that it could not be repaired. He suggested contacting Genie warranty and requesting a replacement operator, which I've done. Genie claims that a new operator is not necessary, and they want to just mail me a replacement wheel to install myself - something the technician strongly recommended against. Is this problem fixable with a replacement wheel? I am hesitant to attempt to repair myself and potentially void my warranty. Or should I trust the technician who physically inspected the operator and demand a new unit? Would love some advice!

Genie's customer service is pretty good. If they are recommending replacing the wheel, they will send you all the parts plus the instruction. I would however get confirmation that it will not affect your warranty although it shouldn't if Genie is acknowledging you don't require a new opener.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =