Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wild onions

Is there ANY solution to control these stupid wild onions that just appear in my yard. They have even grown thorugh the weed barrier. They look nice from the street...but they are weeds..period!

Roundup hardly touches them because they are pretty hardy weeds. I know out in Las Vegas, Nevada, many people actually use a blow torch to get rid of them, however, I live in Ohio and I just can't see torching my yard.

I hope some one can give us advice on HOW to get rid of these "Onions". Are you sure yours are not LEEKS ?(mine are) They are very similar to onions. I too have tried "Round-up Killex,etc, etc, and they just seem to thrive even more. I have been told by experts that if you can obtain the chemical the Power (hydro) company field workers use to clear the growth around their electrical lines, etc, it will kll them off. I personally have never been able to obtain any. Maybe you can in your area. I hope we can get some help on this onion/leek problem. Good luck to both of us...Hube

Comment

Funny you should say that about the power company. I was speaking to a friend that works for Cincinnati Gas & Electric Company and she said that same thing you said about the chemical used. Basically, she said that it's under lock and key.

I have found that RoundUp concentrate used at full strength will kill them in about one weeks time. However, if it is diluted....they seem to just thrive off the stuff.

Comment

Deejal; I just got a tip from a Gardener, and was advised to use "Hoticultural Vinegar" ..Not the usual kind, but a higher concentrate, 20-25% or higher .The normal vinegar sold in stores is only 5-10 %.. Try; http://www.greensense.net/vinegar.jpg (Spray on a hot sunny day).. Hube

Comment

Working...
        X
        =