Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drainage promblem

i buryed 2 10 feet flex hose , the kind you conect to your gutter spout ,, buryed them both on a good slope , ending a good 18 inches in the ground .. my promblem i am seeing is the ground is wet from the end of both hoses i buryed ,,no flood just the ground stays wet in that area,, what can i do to corect the promblem ?? should i dig up at the end and place rocks on the bottom and the top of the hose so the water wont come too the top of the ground ???

thank you

surely you do not expect two ten foot sections of 4" hose to be able to handle the water from your downspouts?

compute the total volume of the hose. Pi x radius squared = cross sectional area.

3.1415 x (2x2) = 3.1415 x 4 = 12.56 sq.in

two ten foot lengths = 240 inchs.

12.56 x 240 = 3014.4cu.in

1 gallon of water = 231 cu.in.

thus the total volume of the two pipes is 3014.4 / 231 = 13.04 gallons.

Now consider the volume of the discharge from the downspouts.

a small ranch style house 30 x 70 ft would have a roof capture area of 2100 ft.

considering that the gutter is collecting the water from the peak to the eav on one side of the house the capture area is then 1050 sq.ft x 144 sq.in per sq.ft = 151,200sq.in.

a light 1/4" rainfall would then yeild 151,200/4= 37,800cu.in
    37,800cu.in of rain = 37,800/ 231sq.in/gal= 163gallons.

as you can see, once the pipes fill up you still have 150gallons of water that must go somewere.

In order to drain the water away from the gutters and downspouting with 4" line the line must be able to discharge into a ditch, stream, or pond of some sort.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =