Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find my well?

I need to find the precise location of my well. It was put in about 30 years ago and there is no riser are marker that would indicate its location. The pipe that enters the basement is about 8-10 feet below ground level. I'm guessing that the pipe extends straight out for about 20 feet to the well, but there is no way to be certain of that. I don't really want to dig a trench that deep to find it. It's a lot of work and the sides would have to be braced since it's sand fill. Is there some kind of instrument that exists that could sense the location of that underground pipe and well?

Have a plumber come out that has a device to search for it. They have special instruments that can pinpoint it. You may try some one that drills wells too

Brandon
    - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Brandon
    - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

There is a device that impresses a high frequency tone on a pipe or a snake threaded into a pipe that can be picked up by a suitable receiver. Telephone guys have such an instrument. It'll also tell you how far the buried depth is and location.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =