Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Lighting

Hello all,

A quick question about garden lighting. We moved into our current house late last fall and at that time, the garden lights (look like the solar type but are not, they are "hard wired") on both sides of the front entrance were functioning. I just noticed a few nights ago that the three or four lights on one side of the entrance were not lit up but the remainder on the other side were. I noticed it again last night.

We've never had these lights before, only the solar ones with no wiring. Things we have checked (please don't laugh at some of the things we checked!!)

a) GFI plug - it had not been tripped & is working.
    b) Circuit breaker - no circuits tripped.
    c) Checked all the lights to see if one is "the mother ship"() and if perhaps there was a switch or something on it - neg. They are all identical .

Does anyone know if these are the type of lights wherein if one bulb blows, none in the string will function? Also, I think these lights come on every night (we rarely go out that door after dark or look out the windows in that direction at night so this is why I am not certain on the frequency of the lights being on). There must be a sensor or something but for life of me, I'm not seeing one anywhere. I have been searching the Internet to find some lights that are similar, in hopes of finding an installation guide or troubleshooting section but no luck.

I'd love to hear from anyone who knows the poop on these lights!

Thanks very much!

Before we had solar we had wired lights and when one bulb went the whole strand stop working. I don't remember what lights they were exactly, I will ask my Husband if he remembers. But it couldn't hurt to try be replacing one and seeing if that works.
    Alyssa Anders
    Modular Homes information, Resources and more at Modular Today.

Comment

The first thing I would do is check voltage (24v) at the socket on the fixture's itself.
      If voltage is present you have maybe a bad bulb or coroded connections. I cant tell you how many times just a little wiggle of the lamp fixed my yard lights. Check the transformer for how many wires, some transformers have dual (2) sets of terminals meaning one side may be bad, check voltage at the transformer. Have you been digging in the yard? Maybe the edger chopped the wire. Just a good start.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =