Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for a new shed

We currently have 2 monstrosities in our backyard (former owner was a landscaper and needed far more storage space than we do). They're both metal (rusted) with wood siding / facia (rotting), and we're finally having them torn down to replace with a new, single shed that should be enough for what we have. We're both against one of the "cheapo" looking aluminum sheds, as it wouldn't really fit with the look of our house. I'd love vinyl, given the ease of maintenance, but my wife says it looks like tupperware. She wants wood, but to me they seem a little on the pricy side. In doing some online research, I came across some vinyl-coated steel models that (IMO) look quite nice and are about half the price of comparable wood sheds. Wife is concerned about rust, but I would assume the vinyl coating helps prevent that. I've found very little info on this type of shed, aside from the retailers' and manufacturers' websites, and wondered if anyone knew of any additional resources.

For that matter, any recommendations / suggestions on wood vs. vinyl coated steel (or other material) would be greatly appreciated.

We're planning to put in a cinderblock foundation (old sheds were put in right over the soil, and resulted in near-complete disintegration of the floors).

thanks in advance,
    LR

Vinyl

I just put up a 8x10 vinyl shed from Home Depot.It`s called the "Woodbridge".It was easy to put up & looks great.You`ll need the floor kit too.With floor kit just dig down 2 inches or so and fill with stone.Foor kit is heavy plastic and durable.Easy to assemble.My advice go vinyl plus no interest for 6 months right now w/home depot credit card.I payed it off quick.They have larger sizes also.Good luck!

Go all vinyl.......
    Last edited by Longdog; 07-09-2006, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =