Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• french drain flooded by Hurricane

My basement got 6 ft of water from Hurricane isabel.I have a french drain & sump pump in the basement. I had the unfinished basement cleaned and walls painted with Drylock. Right after the flood, I had a new sump pump installed & it worked nicely. But now, there have been several heavy rains where traditionally the sump pump would have kicked it. It has not. There is not even water gathering in the basin around the motor but there also is not any water in the basement, in cracks or whatever. It seems strange- too good to be true. Could the french drain be clogged with dirt or stuff from the flood or is the new Dry Lock( I did not have Dry Lock on the walls before) working so well that it is keeping the water out?

beginner

You're asking why there is no water appearing in the basement after rains - right? Is the cause of the DRY basement possibly from the french drain clogged with sediment from the flood? Well, if the french drain was clogged with sediment, then it would contribute to MORE water in the basement--not less.

It seems to me that the drylock must be doing the trick.

You'll have to take what I say with a grain of salt, because I'm just part-time home repair.

I'm curious to see what one of our experts has to say.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =