Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Wheel Barrow Tub Crack Repair???

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Wheel Barrow Tub Crack Repair???

Here is one for the foolish. My daughter left her new plastic double wheeled 8 CF wheelbarrow in the horse pasture and guess what. Who would have believed it but one of the horses made a pretzel of it. I straightened and welded a couple steel reinforcement plates on the handles so those are stronger than when it left The Peoples Republic.
    The barrow did get a crack running along the front lip area. It runs inwards just a half inch then parallels along the front so it didn't progress into the tub downwards but rather goes along 4 inches and back slightly towards the front. We probably lucked out with that really and I stop drilled it. Still, it does get the abuse of dumping right on that crack when it tips up. What would you guys use to fill that repair area? I was thinking of using a whole tube of automotive windshield urethane, the stuff they actually hold car windows in place with. Anything better or specific advice beyond the usual auto bodyshop methods of making it clean and gouging the hell out of the surface to assure better adhesion? I realize it's plastic and no matter what it's never gonna be close to 100 percent again.

throw it out - the material is poly cabonate. once it rips it is useless.

Comment

Can it be melted back together?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =