Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a siding color

I am in such a dilemma. We just moved into our home and have decided to change the roof and the vinyl siding. The problem is that our brick is a pink tone. I have NO CLUE as to what color siding or roof I should choose. I do not want the pink to be a focal point. I looked around the neighborhood and everyone with a pink brick house has the exact same color white siding and grey roof. I definitely want to stay away from those two colors. Can anyone help me out? [V]

Irene Makro

Using a color wheel may help you in determining which colors go best with the pink. Most colors that go best with another color will be on opposite sides of the color wheel, so for pink that would be black, gray, darker blues and darker greens. One thing to keep in mind is that's it's best not to have your shingles a really dark color as that attracts light and can prematurly wear on the asphalt, but if enough ventilation is present in your roof you should be ok. Here's a link that'll give you some ideas using a color wheel, you can also buy one at most paint stores.

Comment

Depending on they style of your house (ranch, victorian, etc.), your neighbors houses colors, how pink your brick really is and many other details, it's nearly impossible for any of us to give you a recommendation.

When we had our house sided, the siding contractor showed us houses around the whole city, not just our neighborhood. They even gave us a list of addresses with the color schemes listed so we could browse them on our own. Even today people come to our door with the siding guy to look in our backyard. Have them give you advice.

I would also recommend spending a sunday afternoon just going for a drive in neighborhoods with similar homes, and just browsing. This way you can see what other siding contractors have done as well. After all this is a decision you must live with for quite a long time.

Do a google search for "siding colors" or similar, and maybe use the images search too for quick picture browsing. Here are just a few I helpful links I found in less than 1 minute.

Great domain names provide SEO, branding, and a memorable experience for your users. Get a premium domain today.

Good luck,
      Ash

Comment

Thank you very much for the pinwheel suggestion and the website. I appreciate all the feedback I can get.
        Unfortunately, for the past month we have been driving around different cities and the only home that have a pink tone are in my neighborhood.
        Thanks

Irene Makro

Comment

Working...
        X
        =