Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staining Concrete/Acid Wash

We are going to install new concrete stairs leading to our frontdoor. I wanted to put in a flagstone veneer but we cannot spend that kind of money right now. So, I thought we could do concrete and stamp and stain it in a flagstone pattern. Should we tint the concrete and then also add a stain afterward? Any ideas on how to produce an effect similar to the following picture (and yes, this is concrete -- doesn't it look good!)?

[]Any help is appreciated!

Patricia
    Patricia

Anyone?

bump
    Try

Comment

I really wanted to do this as well. I have looked into it on the web and at my local Lowe's. They do make concrete stains in all sorts of colors. The articles I read said to degrease with a concrete cleaner thoroughly. My thoughts were to first then use about a 4 inch painters tape and rip the sides of the tape to give a nice grout look. I would buy at least four colors and rag or sponge technique to get the look of the flagstone you want. As you probably already know flagstone comes in many different shades. Hope this helps. I am too busy reading your articles on painting the brick fireplace. lol

Next is the "real" hardwood floors. After that I plan on trying the effect I just gave you on my front house.

[^]

"I can do anything I put my mind to!" Robin Mathews
      \"I can do anything I put my mind to!\" Robin Mathews

Comment

Working...
      X
      =