Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Contractor services

I have my 2 story house being painted the written estimate states "one (1) complete coat of primer". THe intial walkaaround
    after written qoute I was verbally told "we will spot prime the bad areas and then prime everything. Now that the work is really progressed they have not totally primed everything not even totally primed the body of the house, they did however spot prime.

My price was for A) materials which homeowner paid for in advance adn B) Labor of $4000.00 2 story home bottom floor brick.

My question is now that the body is painted what is a fair solution to this problem. The painters are very nice but I did pay them well and did not get what I expected "one complete coat of prime and two top or finish coats" I already conceded that using a sprayer is like two coats.

Should I not pay for the equivilaent of one coat. Pay 2/3rds of Labor?
    SHould I request a reduction in materials ?
    or both ?

I would like to be fair to the painters but I cannot afford to give money away either?

I am in no way in a position and I do not think anyone else but a lawyer would be in a position to give advise as what to pay[/I]. I would express my concerns to the contractor first. Try talking to them and explain why you feel the way you do (In a civilized manner). If they done a good job, let them know. As a contractor myself, I would much rather the homeowner confront me first so we can work things out. There may be unseen or untold reasons for what was or was not done. Maybe the job cost was more than he thought it to be, I don't know, I am not a lawyer, nor am I an expert in legal matters, but when I give a contract, I try sticking to it and if I can not, then I talk to the owner. Try talking first and see what happens.
    If you think a professional is expensive,
    Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =