Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with chosing a paint color!

The following picture is not of great quality, but the brick in the center is tri-colored: each brick fades from a light rose to peach to a pale yellow. When you look at the brick from the street, you mostly see the rosy pink color with some yellow. I really dislike the colors of the brick as well as the pale yellow paint on the siding. If I were to keep the bricks as they are, what options do I have in terms of paint colors for the siding? I can't seem to come up with a color that looks good with pink, peach, and yellow . . .

My pic isn't appearing. Please goto this link to view the pic:

Comment

I fixed the picture for you.

Welcome to the forum!

Try

Comment

I understand your dilemma. It took me a few years to find a nice color to match my brick facade (dark gray, terracotta, brown with brown grout). My house was painted black when we bought it! Finally I found a nice bluish gray that toned down the gray and black brick and brought out the terracotta. I have received lots of complements. I personally think your house is even more of a challenge.

I have a feeling the previous owners struggled just as much as you to find a color. I am wondering if a better solution might be to do some landscaping with shrubs, roses, flowers, ivy, etc to make your house look a bit more inviting and at the same time soften the exterior. Just a suggestion that I think might work.

Other than that I did see a pink brick house in Florida with light gray stonework where they used teal green metal accents. Since red (pink) and green are complementary colors maybe you could find a way to tastefully incorporate a bit of green in the facade, in the details, such as any ironwork, etc. By the way, íf you ever have to re-tile your roof, I would stay away from reddish tones like the one you have now. It just adds to the problem. Good luck.

ejw

Comment

My wife is looking over my shoulder and she suggests a medium beige, light tan or a pearl color. Any of the warm, neutral colors. Also to get some paint swatches in those color categories and hold them next to your brick. If you can one or two colors that you think would be good, then get the smallest amount of paint they'd mix for ya', and paint a scrap board. After it's dry, hold it (them) up against the brick for a few days and see how you feel about the color match. Another item to consider is to have the trim the same color as the siding, rather than a contrast. The contrast tends to 'smallen' the looks of the house. The warm neutral colors would also be in the same color family as the roof.

Comment

It can be hard to give advice about color after seeing only a photo, but there are some basic ideas you should probably follow. Since the brickwork looks pinkish (a warm tone) you should probably stay with warm colors. Reds, maroons, and browns should go nicely with the bricks. A nice tan or beige will also work well, as long as it is not too yellowish. Not only will it clash, but it will make the bricks will look even pinker. Some people have had good luck using a contrasting color like a "williamsburg" type blue, but since you have basically the same color roof shingles, I don't think it would work well for you.

leone184
            leone184

Comment

Working...
            X
            =