• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Stone Facias

I own an elevated Cape Cod home which has several feet of
    concrete basement wall exposed; functional but ugly. Does anyone
    know of a company that manufactures articfical stone facias? I thought
    this may be a cheaper alternative to masonary work.

I don't know of a company that manufactures artificial stone facias, but I'll bet one exists.

Stucco is a great alternative for a project such as this.

Comment

The original part of our house is the common brick. THe basement exterior is of split natural stone. The addition was originally sided with cedar planks and battens. We're looking for some faux brick to replace the cedar that would more closely match the rest of the house. We found some interesting products at Mennard's. Runs about $300/sq. There were some other products that we found on the web, but their installation looked to be more work than using real brick! I'd suggest checking Menard's for a good starting place.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mrcaptainbob

The original part of our house is the common brick. THe basement exterior is of split natural stone. The addition was originally sided with cedar planks and battens. We're looking for some faux brick to replace the cedar that would more closely match the rest of the house. We found some interesting products at Mennard's. Runs about $300/sq. There were some other products that we found on the web, but their installation looked to be more work than using real brick! I'd suggest checking Menard's for a good starting place.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =